D-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab83429)
- Product nameD-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all D-Lactate kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 0.01 mM
- Range0.01 mM - 10 mM
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's D-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric)Kit provides a fast, easy way to accurately measure D-lactate in a variety of biological samples. In this kit, D-lactate is specifically oxidized by D-lactate dehydrogenase and generates proportional color (λmax = 450 nm). The kit detects D-Lactate in samples such as serum, plasma, cells, culture and fermentation media.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests D-Lactate Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml D-Lactate Enzyme Mix (Lyophilised) Green 1 x 1ng D-Lactate Standard (100 mM) Yellow 1 x 100µl D-Lactate Substrate Mix (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial
- RelevanceD-Lactate production in mammals, mainly due to the glyoxalase pathway, is extremely low, with normal serum concentrations in the nano to micromolar range. Typically, elevated D-lactate levels which can rise to millimolar levels, are due to bacterial infection or short bowel syndrome in humans. Abnormally high concentrations of D-lactate are considered indicative of sepsis, ischemia or trauma. Due to slow metabolism and excretion, high D-lactate can cause acidosis and encephalopathy.
- D-Lactic acid
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83429 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
D-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
D-Lactate Standard Curve. The assay is performed according to the kit instruction. The assay specifically detects D-Lactate in the presence of up to 1000X L-Lactate.
References for D-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab83429)
ab83429 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.