DAB Enhancer (ab675)
- Product nameDAB Enhancer
- General notesTo use as DAB signal enhancer in conjunction with peroxidase based immunostaining systems.
i) Add one drop (50µL) of DAB enhancer in 1mL of DAB incubation buffer.
ii) Add DAB chromogen and Peroxidase Block (3% Hydrogen Peroxide) to the above buffer.
iii) Incubate tissue sections with the incubation medium.
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
- Concentration information loading...
- Reagent notes DAB is a widely used chromogen for immunoperoxidase staining and immunoblotting. It has been well accepted amongst pathologists because of its superior performance as compared to amino ethylcarbazole (AEC). DAB gives cleaner background as opposed to AEC. Specimens stained in DAB can be dehydrated in ethanol and cleared in xylene and can be mounted for permanent record keeping. Strength of signal generated during the immunostaining is the key to a good staining. This is a stable liquid solution which increases the staining intensity of the tissue specimens stained with DAB several fold and hence increases the efficiency of detection systems.
- Research Areas
References for DAB Enhancer (ab675)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fernandez S et al. Nasal immunity to staphylococcal toxic shock is controlled by the nasopharynx-associated lymphoid tissue. Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:667-75 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21325486) »