DC-SIGN peptide (ab108464)
- Product nameDC-SIGN peptideSee all DC-SIGN proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108464 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- C type lectin domain family 4 member L
- C-type lectin domain family 4 member L
- CD 209
- CD209 antigen
- CD209 antigen-like protein A
- CD209 molecule
- DC SIGN
- DC SIGN1
- Dendritic cell specific ICAM 3 grabbing nonintegrin 1
- Dendritic cell specific ICAM3 grabbing nonintegrin 1
- Dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3-grabbing non-integrin 1
- Dendritic cell-specific intracellular adhesion molecules (ICAM)-3 grabbing non-integrin
- Dengue fever, protection against, included
- Dentritic Cell Specific ICAM3 Grabbing Nonintegrin
- HIV GP120 Binding Protein
- FunctionPathogen-recognition receptor expressed on the surface of immature dendritic cells (DCs) and involved in initiation of primary immune response. Thought to mediate the endocytosis of pathogens which are subsequently degraded in lysosomal compartments. The receptor returns to the cell membrane surface and the pathogen-derived antigens are presented to resting T-cells via MHC class II proteins to initiate the adaptive immune response. Probably recognizes in a calcium-dependent manner high mannose N-linked oligosaccharides in a variety of pathogen antigens, including HIV-1 gp120, HIV-2 gp120, SIV gp120, ebolavirus glycoproteins, cytomegalovirus gB, HCV E2, dengue virus gE, Leishmania pifanoi LPG, Lewis-x antigen in Helicobacter pylori LPS, mannose in Klebsiella pneumonae LPS, di-mannose and tri-mannose in Mycobacterium tuberculosis ManLAM and Lewis-x antigen in Schistosoma mansoni SEA.
On DCs it is a high affinity receptor for ICAM2 and ICAM3 by binding to mannose-like carbohydrates. May act as a DC rolling receptor that mediates transendothelial migration of DC presursors from blood to tissues by binding endothelial ICAM2. Seems to regulate DC-induced T-cell proliferation by binding to ICAM3 on T-cells in the immunological synapse formed between DC and T-cells.
- Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in dendritic cells and in DC-residing tissues. Also found in placental macrophages, endothelial cells of placental vascular channels, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, and THP-1 monocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
- DomainThe tandem repeat domain, also called neck domain, mediates oligomerization.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
References for DC-SIGN peptide (ab108464)
ab108464 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.