DCFDA - Cellular Reactive Oxygen Species Detection Assay Kit (ab113851)
- Product nameDCFDA - Cellular Reactive Oxygen Species Detection Assay KitSee all Oxidative Stress kits ...
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests1 x 300 test
- Product overview
ab113851 contains sufficient materials for approximately 300 measurements in microplate format and 70 measurements (35 mL) by flow cytometry.
ab113851 uses the cell permeant reagent 2’,7’ –dichlorofluorescein diacetate (DCFDA), a fluorogenic dye that measures hydroxyl, peroxyl and other reactive oxygen species (ROS) activity within the cell. After diffusion in to the cell, DCFDA is deacetylated by cellular esterases to a non-fluorescent compound, which is later oxidized by ROS into 2’, 7’ –dichlorofluorescin (DCF). DCF is a highly fluorescent compound which can be detected by fluorescence spectroscopy with maximum excitation and emission spectra of 495nm and 529nm respectively.
This kit is not compatible with fixed samples. Stained cells must be measured live.
Store all components at 4°C in the dark. The kits are stable for at
least 6 months from receipt. For longer term storage, keep at -20°C
to -80°C in the dark.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Functional Studies more details
Components 300 tests Dilution Buffer (10X, sterile) 1 x 10ml Label (20 mM DCFDA, 1000X) 1 x 35µl TBHP (55 mM) 1 x 50µl
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113851 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
DCFDA - Cellular Reactive Oxygen Species Detection Assay Kit images
ab113851 (DCFDA) labeled and unlabeled Jurkat cells were treated with 50 µM tert-butyl Hydrogen Peroxide (tbHP), then analyzed by flow cytometry.
Jurkat cells were labeled with DCFDA (20 µM) or unlabeled (none) and then cultured an additional 3 hours with or without 50 µM tert-butyl hydrogen peroxide (TBHP) according to the protocol. Cells were then analyzed on a fluorescent plate reader. Mean +/- standard deviation is plotted for 4 replicates from each condition. TBHP mimics ROS activity to oxidize DCFDA to fluorescent DCF.
References for DCFDA - Cellular Reactive Oxygen Species Detection Assay Kit (ab113851)
This product has been referenced in:
- Elkharaz J et al. Implications for oxidative stress and astrocytes following 26S proteasomal depletion in mouse forebrain neurones. Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:1930-1938 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23851049) »
- Barathan M et al. Hypericin-photodynamic therapy leads to interleukin-6 secretion by HepG2 cells and their apoptosis via recruitment of BH3 interacting-domain death agonist and caspases. Cell Death Dis 4:e697 (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 23807226) »