Anti-DDDDK tag antibody (ab1162)
- Product nameAnti-DDDDK tag antibodySee all DDDDK tag primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DDDDK tag
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ICC more details
Peptide xxxDDDDK conjugated to KLH. xxx represents random amino acids. This sequence represents the Enterokinase Cleavage Site.
- General notesEpitope tags provide a method to localize gene products in a variety of cell types, study the topology of proteins and protein complexes, identify associated proteins, and characterize newly identified, low abundance or poorly immunogenic proteins when protein specific antibodies are not available. Tagging with xxxDDDDK may be done at the N-terminus, N-terminus preceded by a methionine residue, C-terminus, and in internal positions of the target protein. The small size of the epitope tag and its high hydrophilicity tend to decrease the possibility of interference with protein expression, proteolytic maturation, antigenicity and function. The enterokinase cleavage site allows it to be completely removed from the purified fusion proteins.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1162 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Antibody was analyzed by western blot using various amino-terminal and carboxy-terminal DDDDK fusion proteins and Invitrogen Positope" R900-40. A 1/5000 dilution gave bands against 0.1, 1.0 and 10 ng of the fusion proteins and 100 ng and 25 ng of the Positope.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevanceThis is a useful tool for the localisation and characterisation of DDDDK tagged proteins.
- DDDDK epitope tag antibodyDYKDDDDK epitope tag antibodyDYKDDDDK tag antibody
- ECS epitope tag antibodyECS tag antibodyEnterokinase Cleavage Site epitope tag antibodyEnterokinase Cleavage Site tag antibodyFLAG antibody
Anti-DDDDK tag antibody images
ab1162 staining DDDDK tag (pink) in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes transduced with Ad-TBX18/FLAG-IRES-GFP by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and incubated with primary antibody. An AlexaFluor®-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
ab1162 staining DDDDK tag in hTERT-RPE1 by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with Paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Saponin and blocked with 0.02% BSA for 20 minutes at 18°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 45 minutes at 18°C. A Cy3®-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-DDDDK tag antibody (ab1162)
This product has been referenced in:
- Arboleda VA et al. Mutations in the PCNA-binding domain of CDKN1C cause IMAGe syndrome. Nat Genet 44:788-92 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22634751) »
- Pillai VB et al. Acetylation of a conserved lysine residue in the ATP binding pocket of p38 augments its kinase activity during hypertrophy of cardiomyocytes. Mol Cell Biol : (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21444723) »