Anti-DGCR8 antibody (ab82876)
- Product nameAnti-DGCR8 antibodySee all DGCR8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DGCR8
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within N terminal amino acids 180-229 (DKKDEENELD QEKRVEYAVL DELEDFTDNL ELDEEGAGGF TAKAIVQRDR) of human DGCR8 (NP_073557).
- Positive control
- Hela cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82876 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay, 1:312500
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionComponent of the microprocessor complex that acts as a RNA- and heme-binding protein that is involved in the initial step of microRNA (miRNA) biogenesis. Component of the microprocessor complex that is required to process primary miRNA transcripts (pri-miRNAs) to release precursor miRNA (pre-miRNA) in the nucleus. Within the microprocessor complex, DGCR8 function as a molecular anchor necessary for the recognition of pri-miRNA at dsRNA-ssRNA junction and directs DROSHA to cleave 11 bp away form the junction to release hairpin-shaped pre-miRNAs that are subsequently cut by the cytoplasmic DICER to generate mature miRNAs. The heme-bound DGCR8 dimer binds pri-miRNAs as a cooperative trimer (of dimers) and is active in triggering pri-miRNA cleavage, whereas the heme-free DGCR8 monomer binds pri-miRNAs as a dimer and is much less active. Both double-stranded and single-stranded regions of a pri-miRNA are required for its binding. Involved in the silencing of embryonic stem cells self-renewal.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 DRBM (double-stranded RNA-binding) domains.
Contains 1 WW domain.
- DomainBoth DRBM domains are required for efficient binding to pri-miRNA. The region between residues 276 and 498 has an autoinhibitory function on pri-miRNA processing activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Colocalizes with nucleolin and DROSHA in the nucleolus. Mostly detected in the nucleolus as electron-dense granular patches around the fibrillar center (FC) and granular component (GC). Also detected in the nucleoplasm as small foci adjacent to splicing speckles near the chromatin structure. Localized with DROSHA in GW bodies (GWBs), also known as P-bodies.
- DGCRK6 antibody
- C22orf12 antibody
- D16H22S788E antibody
- D16Wis2 antibody
- DGCR 8 antibody
- Dgcr8 antibody
- DGCR8_HUMAN antibody
- DGCRK 6 antibody
- DiGeorge syndrome critical region 8 antibody
- DiGeorge syndrome critical region gene 8 antibody
- Gy1 antibody
- Microprocessor complex subunit DGCR8 antibody
- pasha antibody
Anti-DGCR8 antibody images
Anti-DGCR8 antibody (ab82876) at 1 µg/ml + Hela cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 86 kDa
Observed band size : 86 kDa
Additional bands at : 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemistry of Liver tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-DGCR8 antibody (ab82876)
References for Anti-DGCR8 antibody (ab82876)
This product has been referenced in:
- Van Duyne R et al. Localization and sub-cellular shuttling of HTLV-1 tax with the miRNA machinery. PLoS One 7:e40662 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22808228) »
- Kye MJ et al. NMDA Mediated Contextual Conditioning Changes miRNA Expression. PLoS One 6:e24682 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21931811) »