Anti-DKK1 antibody (ab22827)
- Product nameAnti-DKK1 antibodySee all DKK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to DKK1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide: C+DHHQASNSSRLHT, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 250-266 of Human DKK1.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab22827 was purified by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22827 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 28.7 kDa. In Western Blot a 38kDa band was observed in Human Spleen and Bone Marrow lysates after 1µg/ml antibody staining. Please note that a band of similar size is reported in the literature (PMID 10383463). However, the calculated size is 28.7kDa according to NP_36374. The 38kDa band was successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/400. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. PubMed: 18561248|
- FunctionAntagonizes canonical Wnt signaling by inhibiting LRP5/6 interaction with Wnt and by forming a ternary complex with the transmembrane protein KREMEN that promotes internalization of LRP5/6. DKKs play an important role in vertebrate development, where they locally inhibit Wnt regulated processes such as antero-posterior axial patterning, limb development, somitogenesis and eye formation. In the adult, Dkks are implicated in bone formation and bone disease, cancer and Alzheimer disease.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dickkopf family.
- DomainThe C-terminal cysteine-rich domain mediates interaction with LRP5 and LRP6.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Dickkopf 1 antibodyDickkopf 1 homolog antibodyDickkopf 1 like antibody
- Dickkopf homolog 1 antibodyDickkopf like protein 1 antibodyDickkopf related protein 1 antibodyDickkopf related protein-1 antibodyDickkopf-1 antibodyDickkopf-related protein 1 antibodyDKK 1 antibodyDkk-1 antibodyDkk1 antibodyDKK1_HUMAN antibodyhDkk 1 antibodyhDkk-1 antibodyhDkk1 antibodySK antibody
Anti-DKK1 antibody images
Anti-DKK1 antibody (ab22827) at 1 µg/ml + Human Bone Marrow lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer).
Predicted band size : 28.7 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-DKK1 antibody (ab22827)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hall CL et al. Dickkopf-1 expression increases early in prostate cancer development and decreases during progression from primary tumor to metastasis. Prostate 68:1396-404 (2008). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18561248) »