Anti-DKK1 antibody (ab88334)
- Product nameAnti-DKK1 antibodySee all DKK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to DKK1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length Human protein (AAH01539), with a proprietary tag
- Positive control
- WB: HeLa cells lysate. IHC: placenta tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88334 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionAntagonizes canonical Wnt signaling by inhibiting LRP5/6 interaction with Wnt and by forming a ternary complex with the transmembrane protein KREMEN that promotes internalization of LRP5/6. DKKs play an important role in vertebrate development, where they locally inhibit Wnt regulated processes such as antero-posterior axial patterning, limb development, somitogenesis and eye formation. In the adult, Dkks are implicated in bone formation and bone disease, cancer and Alzheimer disease.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dickkopf family.
- DomainThe C-terminal cysteine-rich domain mediates interaction with LRP5 and LRP6.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Dickkopf 1 antibody
- Dickkopf 1 homolog antibody
- Dickkopf 1 like antibody
- Dickkopf homolog 1 antibody
- Dickkopf like protein 1 antibody
- Dickkopf related protein 1 antibody
- Dickkopf-1 antibody
- Dickkopf-related protein 1 antibody
- DKK 1 antibody
- Dkk-1 antibody
- Dkk1 antibody
- DKK1_HUMAN antibody
- hDkk 1 antibody
- hDkk-1 antibody
- SK antibody
Anti-DKK1 antibody images
Anti-DKK1 antibody (ab88334) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa cell lysate at 25 µg
Goat anti-Mouse IgG at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 29 kDa
Immunoperoxidase staining of DKK1 using ab88334 at 3 µg/ml on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human placenta tissue.
ICC/IF image of ab88334 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab88334, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879 Dylight 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-DKK1 antibody (ab88334)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang Z et al. Differential expression of beta-catenin and dickkopf-1 in the third trimester placentas from normal and preeclamptic pregnancies: a comparative study. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 11:17 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23452984) »