Anti-DLL4 antibody (ab7280)
- Product nameAnti-DLL4 antibodySee all DLL4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DLL4
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide: AWHAPGDDLRPEAL-C conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 121-134 of Human Delta4.
- Positive controlmouse pancreas
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium Chloride, 0.02M Potassium Phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7280 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 18371447).
WB: 1/500 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 74 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPlays a role in the Notch signaling pathway. Activates Notch-1 and Notch-4.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in vascular endothelium.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DSL domain.
Contains 8 EGF-like domains.
- DomainThe Delta-Serrate-Lag2 (DSL) domain is required for binding to the Notch receptor.
modificationsUbiquitinated by MIB (MIB1 or MIB2), leading to its endocytosis and subsequent degradation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Delta 4 antibodydelta 4 precursor antibodyDelta ligand 4 antibody
- delta ligand 4 precursor antibodyDelta like 4 antibodyDelta like 4 homolog antibodyDelta like 4 protein antibodyDelta like protein 4 antibodyDelta-like 4 (Drosophila) antibodyDelta-like protein 4 antibodyDelta4 antibodyDLL 4 antibodyDLL4 antibodyDLL4_HUMAN antibodyDrosophila Delta homolog 4 antibodyhdelta2 antibodyHomeobox protein DLL-4 antibodyMGC126344 antibodyNotch ligand delta 2 antibodyNotch ligand DLL4 antibodynotch ligand DLL4 precursor antibodyXDLL-4 antibody
Anti-DLL4 antibody images
Predicted band size : 74 kDa
Western blot using ab7280 at 1/500 on mouse Pancreas tissue. 20µg of cell lysate per lane. Secondary ab: Goat anti-rabbit IgG ab6721 (1/5000) Exposure time: 3 minutes. Expected molecular weight: 74 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab7280 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7280, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab7280 staining in human kidney formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab7280, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-DLL4 antibody (ab7280)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cook N et al. Gamma secretase inhibition promotes hypoxic necrosis in mouse pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. J Exp Med 209:437-44 (2012). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22351932) »
- Schadler KL et al. Delta-like ligand 4 plays a critical role in pericyte/vascular smooth muscle cell formation during vasculogenesis and tumor vessel expansion in Ewing's sarcoma. Clin Cancer Res 16:848-56 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20103680) »