Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [18-2] (Biotin) (ab79444)
- Product nameAnti-DNA PKcs antibody [18-2] (Biotin)See all DNA PKcs primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [18-2] to DNA PKcs (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IP, IHC-P, Inhibition Assay, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Human DNA dependent Protein Kinase purified from HeLa cells
- EpitopeAmino acids 1-2713
- Positive controlLS174T cells. Human tonsil tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesPurified from ascites fluid by Protein G chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number18-2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79444 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Staining of formalin fixed tissues requires boiling
tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10-20 minutes followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 minutes.
IP (native and denatured): Use at 2 µg/mg of protein lysate.
Inhib: Use at an assay dependent dilution. ab79444 inhibits ~50% of the kinase activity of DNA PKcs. Preincubation of enzyme with DNA protects DNA PKcs against inactivation by ab79444.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml for 2 hours at room temperature. Predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa. ab79444 reacts with intact DNA PKcs as well as its degradation products.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibodyDNA PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-PKcs antibodyDNAPK antibodyDNAPK catalytic subunit antibodyDNPK 1 antibodyDNPK1 antibodyHyper radiosensitivity of murine scid mutation, complementing 1 antibodyHYRC 1 antibodyHYRC antibodyHYRC1 antibodyp350 antibodyp460 antibodyPKRDC antibodyPRKDC antibodyPRKDC_HUMAN antibodyProtein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibodyXRCC 7 antibodyXRCC7 antibody