Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [3H6] (ab110034)
- Product nameAnti-DNA PKcs antibody [3H6]See all DNA PKcs primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3H6] to DNA PKcs
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human DNA PKcs, expressed in E. coli.
- Positive control
- HEK 293 and PRKDC-hIgGFc transfected HEK293 cell lysate; breast cancer and colon cancer tissues; lung cancer and brain tissues; Hela cells
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3H6
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110034 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA PK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PKcs antibody
- DNAPK antibody
- DNAPK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNPK 1 antibody
- DNPK1 antibody
- Hyper radiosensitivity of murine scid mutation, complementing 1 antibody
- HYRC 1 antibody
- HYRC antibody
- HYRC1 antibody
- p350 antibody
- p460 antibody
- PKRDC antibody
- PRKDC antibody
- PRKDC_HUMAN antibody
- Protein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibody
- XRCC 7 antibody
- XRCC7 antibody
Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [3H6] images
All lanes : Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [3H6] (ab110034) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : PRKDC-hIgGFc transfected HEK 293 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 469 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of DNA PKcs in paraffin embedded breast cancer (left) and colon cancer (right) tissues, using a 1/200 dilution of ab110034 with DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of DNA PKcs in paraffin embedded lung cancer (left) and brain (right) tissues, using a 1/200 dilution of ab110034 with DAB staining.
Immunofluorescence analysis of DNA PKcs in Hela cells, using a 1/200 dilution of ab110034 (green). Red: Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor-555 phalloidin.
ELISA results using ab110034
References for Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [3H6] (ab110034)
ab110034 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.