Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [Y393] (ab32566)
- Product nameAnti-DNA PKcs antibody [Y393]See all DNA PKcs primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y393] to DNA PKcs
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for DNA PKcs. It may also detect the splice isoform 2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Armenian Hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the C terminus of Human DNA PKcs.
- Positive controlWB: K562 cell lysate. ICC/IF: Hela cells. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue slides.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY393
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32566 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 460 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa).
Is unsuitable for FACS or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibodyDNA PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-PKcs antibodyDNAPK antibodyDNAPK catalytic subunit antibodyDNPK 1 antibodyDNPK1 antibodyHyper radiosensitivity of murine scid mutation, complementing 1 antibodyHYRC 1 antibodyHYRC antibodyHYRC1 antibodyp350 antibodyp460 antibodyPKRDC antibodyPRKDC antibodyPRKDC_HUMAN antibodyProtein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibodyXRCC 7 antibodyXRCC7 antibody
Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [Y393] images
Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [Y393] (ab32566) at 1/1000 dilution + K562 cell lysate.
Predicted band size : 469 kDa
Observed band size : 460 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab32566, at a 1/50 dilution, staining DNA PKcs in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Ab32566, at a 1/250 dilution, staining DNA PKcs in Hela cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-DNA PKcs antibody [Y393] (ab32566)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang Y et al. MicroRNA-138 Modulates DNA Damage Response by Repressing Histone H2AX Expression. Mol Cancer Res 9:1100-11 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21693595) »
- Zhu H et al. Involvement of Caveolin-1 in repair of DNA damage through both homologous recombination and non-homologous end joining. PLoS One 5: (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20700465) »