Anti-DNA PKcs antibody (ab230)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferserum with 0.1% sodium azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Gel supershift assays|
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibodyDNA PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-PKcs antibodyDNAPK antibodyDNAPK catalytic subunit antibodyDNPK 1 antibodyDNPK1 antibodyDNPK1 antibodyHyper radiosensitivity of murine scid mutation, complementing 1 antibodyHYRC 1 antibodyHYRC antibodyHYRC1 antibodyHYRC1 antibodyp350 antibodyp460 antibodyPKRDC antibodyPRKDC antibodyPRKDC_HUMAN antibodyProtein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibodyProtein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibodyXRCC 7 antibodyXRCC7 antibodyXRCC7 antibody
Anti-DNA PKcs antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab230 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab230, 1/200 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-DNA PKcs antibody (ab230)
This product has been referenced in:
- Moeller BJ et al. Discovery of DNA repair inhibitors by combinatorial library profiling. Cancer Res 71:1816-24 (2011). WB, ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 21343400) »
- Hoshino A et al. Regulation of cell proliferation by interleukin-3-induced nuclear translocation of pyruvate kinase. J Biol Chem 282:17706-11 (2007). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 17446165) »