Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody [10B1] (ab18356)
- Product nameAnti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody [10B1]See all DNA PKcs primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10B1] to DNA PKcs (phospho T2609)
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic modified peptide.
- Positive controlMOLT4 nuclear extract treated with 2 to 10 Gy radiation.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol. PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number10B1
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18356 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately >400 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 460 kDa). This antibody has been seen to cross-react with a protein having an approximate molecular weight of p53. However, it is not known exactly what this protein is.|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibodyDNA PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PK catalytic subunit antibodyDNA-PKcs antibodyDNAPK antibodyDNAPK catalytic subunit antibodyDNPK 1 antibodyDNPK1 antibodyDNPK1 antibodyHyper radiosensitivity of murine scid mutation, complementing 1 antibodyHYRC 1 antibodyHYRC antibodyHYRC1 antibodyHYRC1 antibodyp350 antibodyp460 antibodyPKRDC antibodyPRKDC antibodyPRKDC_HUMAN antibodyProtein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibodyProtein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibodyXRCC 7 antibodyXRCC7 antibodyXRCC7 antibody
Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody [10B1] images
Predicted band size : 460 kDa
MOLT4 nuclear extract was resolved by electrophoresis, transferred to nitrocellulose, and probed with anti-DNAPKcs (Thr2609) antibody. Proteins were visualized using a goat anti-mouse secondary conjugated to HRP and a chemiluminescence detection system. Lane 1, untreated MOLT4 cells. Lane 2, MOLT4 cells exposed to 2 Gy radiation. Lane 3, MOLT4 cells exposed to 10 Gy radiation. In both cases, cells were harvested 30 minutes after radiation.
References for Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody [10B1] (ab18356)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yue J et al. Identification of the DNA repair defects in a case of Dubowitz syndrome. PLoS One 8:e54389 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23372718) »
- Solier S et al. Heat shock protein 90a (HSP90a), a substrate and chaperone of DNA-PK necessary for the apoptotic response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12866-72 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22753480) »