Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody (ab97611)
- Product nameAnti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibodySee all DNA PKcs primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DNA PKcs (phospho T2609)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of DNA PKcs only when phosphorylated at Threonine 2609.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from Human DNA PKcs around the phosphorylation site of threonine 2609 (V-E-TP-Q-A).
- Positive control
- Extract from K562 cells treated with hydroxyurea.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97611 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 469 kDa.|
- FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase that acts as a molecular sensor for DNA damage. Involved in DNA nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break (DSB) repair and V(D)J recombination. Must be bound to DNA to express its catalytic properties. Promotes processing of hairpin DNA structures in V(D)J recombination by activation of the hairpin endonuclease artemis (DCLRE1C). The assembly of the DNA-PK complex at DNA ends is also required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required to protect and align broken ends of DNA. May also act as a scaffold protein to aid the localization of DNA repair proteins to the site of damage. Found at the ends of chromosomes, suggesting a further role in the maintenance of telomeric stability and the prevention of chromosomal end fusion. Also involved in modulation of transcription. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX, thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Phosphorylates DCLRE1C, c-Abl/ABL1, histone H1, HSPCA, c-jun/JUN, p53/TP53, PARP1, POU2F1, DHX9, SRF, XRCC1, XRCC1, XRCC4, XRCC5, XRCC6, WRN, MYC and RFA2. Can phosphorylate C1D not only in the presence of linear DNA but also in the presence of supercoiled DNA. Ability to phosphorylate p53/TP53 in the presence of supercoiled DNA is dependent on C1D.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 2 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Autophosphorylated on Thr-2609, Thr-2638 and Thr-2647. Thr-2609 is a DNA damage-inducible phosphorylation site (inducible with ionizing radiation, IR). Autophosphorylation induces a conformational change that leads to remodeling of the DNA-PK complex, requisite for efficient end processing and DNA repair.
S-nitrosylated by GAPDH.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA PK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNA-PKcs antibody
- DNAPK antibody
- DNAPK catalytic subunit antibody
- DNPK 1 antibody
- DNPK1 antibody
- Hyper radiosensitivity of murine scid mutation, complementing 1 antibody
- HYRC 1 antibody
- HYRC antibody
- HYRC1 antibody
- p350 antibody
- p460 antibody
- PKRDC antibody
- PRKDC antibody
- PRKDC_HUMAN antibody
- Protein Kinase DNA Activated Catalytic Polypeptide antibody
- XRCC 7 antibody
- XRCC7 antibody
Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody (ab97611) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : extract from K562 cells - untreated
Lane 2 : extract from K562 cells treated with hydroxyurea
Predicted band size : 469 kDa
References for Anti-DNA PKcs (phospho T2609) antibody (ab97611)
ab97611 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.