Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody (ab32587)
- Product nameAnti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibodySee all DOPA Decarboxylase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to DOPA Decarboxylase
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids from the N terminus of DOPA Decarboxylase (Human) conjugated to KLH.
- Positive controlBovine adrenal medulla lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 100µg/ml BSA, 150mM Sodium chloride, 10mM HEPES. pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32587 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
- FunctionCatalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
- PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 2/2.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in DDC are the cause of aromatic L-amino-acid decarboxylase deficiency (AADCD) [MIM:608643]. AADCD deficiency is an inborn error in neurotransmitter metabolism that leads to combined serotonin and catecholamine deficiency. It causes developmental and psychomotor delay, poor feeding, lethargy, ptosis, intermittent hypothermia, gastrointestinal disturbances. The onset is early in infancy and inheritance is autosomal recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- AADC antibodyAromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibodyAromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
- DDC antibodyDDC protein antibodyDDC_HUMAN antibodyDOPA decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase) antibodyDOPA decarboxylase antibody
Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody images
Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody (ab32587) at 1/1000 dilution + bovine adrenal medulla lysate at 5 µg
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody (ab32587)
ab32587 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.