Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody (ab36155)
- Product nameAnti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibodySee all DOPA Decarboxylase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to DOPA Decarboxylase
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: WEHIKELAADVL, corresponding to amino acids 464/475 of Human DOPA Decarboxylase
- Positive controlHuman Kidney lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36155 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.03 - 0.1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
- FunctionCatalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
- PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 2/2.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in DDC are the cause of aromatic L-amino-acid decarboxylase deficiency (AADCD) [MIM:608643]. AADCD deficiency is an inborn error in neurotransmitter metabolism that leads to combined serotonin and catecholamine deficiency. It causes developmental and psychomotor delay, poor feeding, lethargy, ptosis, intermittent hypothermia, gastrointestinal disturbances. The onset is early in infancy and inheritance is autosomal recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the group II decarboxylase family.
- AADC antibodyAromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibodyAromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
- DDC antibodyDDC protein antibodyDDC_HUMAN antibodyDOPA decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase) antibodyDOPA decarboxylase antibody
Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody images
Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody (ab36155) at 0.03 µg/ml (incubated for 1 hour) + Human Kidney lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-DOPA Decarboxylase antibody (ab36155)
ab36155 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.