Anti-Daxx antibody [36H11] (ab49287)
- Product nameAnti-Daxx antibody [36H11]See all Daxx primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [36H11] to Daxx
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: Prokaryotic recombinant protein corresponding to a 248 amino acid sequence in the N-terminal region of the Daxx molecule.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal testis
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number36H11
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49287 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Is unsuitable for WB.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActs as an adapter protein in a MDM2-DAXX-USP7 complex by regulating the RING-finger E3 ligase MDM2 ubiquitination activity. Under non-stress condition, in association with the deubiquitinating USP7, prevents MDM2 self-ubiquitination and enhances the intrinsic E3 ligase activity of MDM2 towards TP53, thereby promoting TP53 ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. Upon DNA damage, its association with MDM2 and USP7 is disrupted, resulting in increased MDM2 autoubiquitination and consequently, MDM2 degradation, which leads to TP53 stabilization. Proposed to mediate activation of the JNK pathway and apoptosis via MAP3K5 in response to signaling from TNFRSF6 and TGFBR2. Interaction with HSPB1/HSP27 may prevent interaction with TNFRSF6 and MAP3K5 and block DAXX-mediated apoptosis. In contrast, in lymphoid cells JNC activation and TNFRSF6-mediated apoptosis may not involve DAXX. Seems to regulate transcription in PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies together with PML and may influence TNFRSF6-dependent apoptosis thereby. Down-regulates basal and activated transcription. Seems to act as a transcriptional corepressor and inhibits PAX3 and ETS1 through direct protein-protein interaction. Modulates PAX5 activity. Its transcription repressor activity is modulated by recruiting it to subnuclear compartments like the nucleolus or PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies through interactions with MCSR1 and PML, respectively.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DAXX family.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Phosphorylated by HIPK1 upon glucose deprivation.
Polyubiquitinated; which is promoted by CUL3 and SPOP and results in proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by MDM2; inducing its degradation. Deubiquitinated by USP7; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Nucleus > nucleolus. Chromosome > centromere. Dispersed throughout the nucleoplasm, in PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies, and in nucleoli. Colocalizes with a subset of interphase centromeres, but is absent from mitotic centromeres. Detected in cytoplasmic punctate structures. Translocates from the nucleus to the cytoplasm upon glucose deprivation or oxidative stress. Colocalizes with RASSF1 in the nucleus. Colocalizes with USP7 in nucleoplasma with accumulation in speckled structures.
- BING 2 antibody
- BING2 antibody
- CENP-C binding protein antibody
- DAP 6 antibody
- DAP6 antibody
- Daxx antibody
- DAXX antibody
- DAXX_HUMAN antibody
- Death associated protein 6 antibody
- Death domain associated protein 6 antibody
- Death domain associated protein antibody
- Death domain-associated protein 6 antibody
- EAP 1 antibody
- EAP1 antibody
- ETS1 associated protein 1 antibody
- ETS1-associated protein 1 antibody
- Fas binding protein antibody
- Fas death domain associated protein antibody
- Fas death domain-associated protein antibody
- hDaxx antibody
- MGC126245 antibody
- MGC126246 antibody
Anti-Daxx antibody [36H11] images
IHC image of Daxx staining in Human normal testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab49287, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-Daxx antibody [36H11] (ab49287)
ab49287 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.