Anti-Daxx antibody [DAXX-01] (ab9091)
- Product nameAnti-Daxx antibody [DAXX-01]See all Daxx primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DAXX-01] to Daxx
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 558-740 of Human Daxx. Produced in E. coli
- Positive control
- HeLa whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDAXX-01
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9091 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionActs as an adapter protein in a MDM2-DAXX-USP7 complex by regulating the RING-finger E3 ligase MDM2 ubiquitination activity. Under non-stress condition, in association with the deubiquitinating USP7, prevents MDM2 self-ubiquitination and enhances the intrinsic E3 ligase activity of MDM2 towards TP53, thereby promoting TP53 ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. Upon DNA damage, its association with MDM2 and USP7 is disrupted, resulting in increased MDM2 autoubiquitination and consequently, MDM2 degradation, which leads to TP53 stabilization. Proposed to mediate activation of the JNK pathway and apoptosis via MAP3K5 in response to signaling from TNFRSF6 and TGFBR2. Interaction with HSPB1/HSP27 may prevent interaction with TNFRSF6 and MAP3K5 and block DAXX-mediated apoptosis. In contrast, in lymphoid cells JNC activation and TNFRSF6-mediated apoptosis may not involve DAXX. Seems to regulate transcription in PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies together with PML and may influence TNFRSF6-dependent apoptosis thereby. Down-regulates basal and activated transcription. Seems to act as a transcriptional corepressor and inhibits PAX3 and ETS1 through direct protein-protein interaction. Modulates PAX5 activity. Its transcription repressor activity is modulated by recruiting it to subnuclear compartments like the nucleolus or PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies through interactions with MCSR1 and PML, respectively.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DAXX family.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Phosphorylated by HIPK1 upon glucose deprivation.
Polyubiquitinated; which is promoted by CUL3 and SPOP and results in proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by MDM2; inducing its degradation. Deubiquitinated by USP7; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Nucleus > nucleolus. Chromosome > centromere. Dispersed throughout the nucleoplasm, in PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies, and in nucleoli. Colocalizes with a subset of interphase centromeres, but is absent from mitotic centromeres. Detected in cytoplasmic punctate structures. Translocates from the nucleus to the cytoplasm upon glucose deprivation or oxidative stress. Colocalizes with RASSF1 in the nucleus. Colocalizes with USP7 in nucleoplasma with accumulation in speckled structures.
- BING 2 antibody
- BING2 antibody
- CENP-C binding protein antibody
- DAP 6 antibody
- DAP6 antibody
- Daxx antibody
- DAXX antibody
- DAXX_HUMAN antibody
- Death associated protein 6 antibody
- Death domain associated protein 6 antibody
- Death domain associated protein antibody
- Death domain-associated protein 6 antibody
- EAP 1 antibody
- EAP1 antibody
- ETS1 associated protein 1 antibody
- ETS1-associated protein 1 antibody
- Fas binding protein antibody
- Fas death domain associated protein antibody
- Fas death domain-associated protein antibody
- hDaxx antibody
- MGC126245 antibody
- MGC126246 antibody
Anti-Daxx antibody [DAXX-01] images
ICC/IF image of ab9091 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab9091, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab9091 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab9091, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-Daxx antibody [DAXX-01] (ab9091)
This product has been referenced in:
- Luciani JJ et al. PML nuclear bodies are highly organised DNA-protein structures with a function in heterochromatin remodelling at the G2 phase. J Cell Sci 119:2518-31 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16735446) »