Anti-Daxx (phospho S668) antibody (ab55323)
- Product nameAnti-Daxx (phospho S668) antibodySee all Daxx primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Daxx (phospho S668)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Daxx only when phosphorylated at serine 668.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Daxx around the phosphorylation site of serine 668 (L-P-SP-P-P).
- Positive control
- Extracts form 293 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55323 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 82 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa).|
- FunctionActs as an adapter protein in a MDM2-DAXX-USP7 complex by regulating the RING-finger E3 ligase MDM2 ubiquitination activity. Under non-stress condition, in association with the deubiquitinating USP7, prevents MDM2 self-ubiquitination and enhances the intrinsic E3 ligase activity of MDM2 towards TP53, thereby promoting TP53 ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. Upon DNA damage, its association with MDM2 and USP7 is disrupted, resulting in increased MDM2 autoubiquitination and consequently, MDM2 degradation, which leads to TP53 stabilization. Proposed to mediate activation of the JNK pathway and apoptosis via MAP3K5 in response to signaling from TNFRSF6 and TGFBR2. Interaction with HSPB1/HSP27 may prevent interaction with TNFRSF6 and MAP3K5 and block DAXX-mediated apoptosis. In contrast, in lymphoid cells JNC activation and TNFRSF6-mediated apoptosis may not involve DAXX. Seems to regulate transcription in PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies together with PML and may influence TNFRSF6-dependent apoptosis thereby. Down-regulates basal and activated transcription. Seems to act as a transcriptional corepressor and inhibits PAX3 and ETS1 through direct protein-protein interaction. Modulates PAX5 activity. Its transcription repressor activity is modulated by recruiting it to subnuclear compartments like the nucleolus or PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies through interactions with MCSR1 and PML, respectively.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DAXX family.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Phosphorylated by HIPK1 upon glucose deprivation.
Polyubiquitinated; which is promoted by CUL3 and SPOP and results in proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by MDM2; inducing its degradation. Deubiquitinated by USP7; leading to stabilize it.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Nucleus > nucleolus. Chromosome > centromere. Dispersed throughout the nucleoplasm, in PML/POD/ND10 nuclear bodies, and in nucleoli. Colocalizes with a subset of interphase centromeres, but is absent from mitotic centromeres. Detected in cytoplasmic punctate structures. Translocates from the nucleus to the cytoplasm upon glucose deprivation or oxidative stress. Colocalizes with RASSF1 in the nucleus. Colocalizes with USP7 in nucleoplasma with accumulation in speckled structures.
- BING 2 antibody
- BING2 antibody
- CENP-C binding protein antibody
- DAP 6 antibody
- DAP6 antibody
- Daxx antibody
- DAXX antibody
- DAXX_HUMAN antibody
- Death associated protein 6 antibody
- Death domain associated protein 6 antibody
- Death domain associated protein antibody
- Death domain-associated protein 6 antibody
- EAP 1 antibody
- EAP1 antibody
- ETS1 associated protein 1 antibody
- ETS1-associated protein 1 antibody
- Fas binding protein antibody
- Fas death domain associated protein antibody
- Fas death domain-associated protein antibody
- hDaxx antibody
- MGC126245 antibody
- MGC126246 antibody
Anti-Daxx (phospho S668) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Daxx (phospho S668) antibody (ab55323) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with PBS for 60 minutes.
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with PBS for 60 minutes, and with the immunising phosphopeptide.
Predicted band size : 82 kDa
Observed band size : 82 kDa
Ab55323 staining human normal placenta tissue. Staining is localised to nuclear and cytoplasmic compartments.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus ), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-Daxx (phospho S668) antibody (ab55323)
ab55323 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.