Anti-Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein antibody [DN3] (ab41616)
- Product nameAnti-Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein antibody [DN3]See all Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DN3] to Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Dengue Virus 1, Dengue Virus 2, Dengue Virus 3, Dengue Virus 4
Full length native protein purified from Dengue Virus 2 (16681) infected supernatant.
- Positive controlIt is important to ensure that DEN4 infection is effective. DEN4 is notoriously difficult to grow to good titres and NS1 antigens will not be found if infection is not well established.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDN3
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41616 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50 - 1/100. Use under non reducing condition. Detects a band of approximately 40, 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40, 80 kDa). Block membrane with PBS containing 5% non-fat skimmed milk (PBS-SM) for 30 minutes. Wash membrane and probe with serum diluted in PBS-SM with 10 mM sodium azide by incubating overnight on a rocker at room temperature.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/5 - 1/20.|
- RelevanceNS1 is one of 7 Dengue Virus non-structural proteins which are thought to be involved in viral replication. NS1 exists as a monomer in its immature form but is rapidly processed in the endoplasmic reticulum to form a stable dimer. A small amount of NS1 remains associated with intracellular organelles where it is thought to be involved in viral replication. The rest of NS1 is found either associated with the plasma membrane or secreted as a soluble hexadimer. NS1 is essential for viral viability but its precise biological function is unknown. Antibodies raised in response to NS1 in viral infection can cross react with cell surface antigens on epithelial cells and platelets and this has been implicated in the development of Dengue Hemorrhagic fever.
- Dengue NS1 antibodyDengue Virus non-structural protein 1 antibody
Anti-Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein antibody [DN3] images
All lanes : Anti-Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein antibody [DN3] (ab41616)
Lane 1 : Dengue Virus 1 infected C6/36 cell lysate (unheated)
Lane 2 : Dengue Virus 1 infected C6/36 cell lysate (boiled)
Lane 3 : Dengue Virus 2 (NGC) infected C6/36 cell lysate (unheated)
Lane 4 : Dengue Virus 2 (NGC) infected C6/36 cell lysate (boiled)
Lane 5 : Dengue Virus 2 (16681) infected C6/36 cell lysate (unheated)
Lane 6 : Dengue Virus 2 (16681) infected C6/36 cell lysate (boiled)
Lane 7 : Dengue Virus 3 infected C6/36 cell lysate (unheated)
Lane 8 : Dengue Virus 3 infected C6/36 cell lysate (boiled)
Lane 9 : Dengue Virus 4 infected C6/36 cell lysate (unheated)
Lane 10 : Dengue Virus 4 infected C6/36 cell lysate (boiled)
Predicted band size : 40, 80 kDa
Observed band size : 40,80 kDa
Dengue Virus 2 infected Vero cells stained according to protocol with ab41349 antibody against Dengue Virus envelope glycoprotein NS1 (green). Cell nuclei are blue.
ab41616 staining NS1 glycoprotein in Dengue Virus 2 infected Huh-7.5 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.Huh-7.5 cells were plated on glass coverslips, infected with Dengue Virus 2, fixed in methanol, and blocked, and antibody was added in 1× PBS + 0.1% saponin. Antibodies used include FASN polyclonal, left image (ab3844) or NS1 monoclonal antibody, middle image (ab41616). Secondary antibodies were species-appropriate Alexa-Fluor 488 or 594 secondary antibody. Stained coverslips were mounted with DAPI, right merged image.
References for Anti-Dengue Virus NS1 glycoprotein antibody [DN3] (ab41616)
This product has been referenced in:
- Clark KB et al. Multiploid CD61+ cells are the pre-dominant cell lineage infected during acute dengue virus infection in bone marrow. PLoS One 7:e52902 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23300812) »
- Heaton NS et al. Dengue virus nonstructural protein 3 redistributes fatty acid synthase to sites of viral replication and increases cellular fatty acid synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17345-50 (2010). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 20855599) »