Anti-Dnmt3a antibody (ab4897)
- Product nameAnti-Dnmt3a antibodySee all Dnmt3a primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dnmt3a
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: DERTRERLVYEVRQK conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 469 - 483 of Human Dnmt3a.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesPurified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers, neutralized immediately after elution, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 101 kDa.|
- FunctionRequired for genome wide de novo methylation and is essential for the establishment of DNA methylation patterns during development. DNA methylation is coordinated with methylation of histones. It modifies DNA in a non-processive manner and also methylates non-CpG sites. May preferentially methylate DNA linker between 2 nucleosomal cores and is inhibited by histone H1. Plays a role in paternal and maternal imprinting. Required for methylation of most imprinted loci in germ cells. Acts as a transcriptional corepressor for ZNF238. Can actively repress transcription through the recruitment of HDAC activity.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fetal tissues, skeletal muscle, heart, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, kidney, and at lower levels in placenta, brain, liver, colon, spleen, small intestine and lung.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the C5-methyltransferase family.
Contains 1 ADD domain.
Contains 1 GATA-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PWWP domain.
- DomainThe PWWP domain is essential for targeting to pericentric heterochromatin.
modificationsSumoylated; sumoylation disrupts the ability to interact with histone deacetylases (HDAC1 and HDAC2) and repress transcription.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Accumulates in the major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatin.
- DNA (cytosine 5 ) methyltransferase 3 alpha antibody
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3 alpha antibody
- DNA (cytosine 5) methyltransferase 3A antibody
- DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3A antibody
- DNA cytosine methyltransferase 3A2 antibody
- DNA methyltransferase 3a antibody
- DNA methyltransferase HsaIIIA antibody
- DNA MTase HsaI antibody
- DNA MTase HsaIIIA antibody
- DNM3A_HUMAN antibody
- DNMT 3a antibody
- DNMT antibody
- DNMT antibody
- Dnmt3a antibody
- DNMT3A2 antibody
- M HsaIIIA antibody
- M.HsaIIIA antibody
- MCMT antibody
- Methyl CpG binding domain protein 3a antibody
- OTTHUMP00000201149 antibody
Anti-Dnmt3a antibody images
ab4897 staining Dnmt3a in human hepatocarcinoma (HC) tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Anti-Dnmt3a antibody (ab4897) + T247-D cell lysate (Top)
Observed band size : 101 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Dnmt3a antibody (ab4897)
This product has been referenced in:
- Elabd C et al. DNA methyltransferase-3-dependent nonrandom template segregation in differentiating embryonic stem cells. J Cell Biol 203:73-85 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24127215) »
- Chik F & Szyf M Effects of specific DNMT gene depletion on cancer cell transformation and breast cancer cell invasion; toward selective DNMT inhibitors. Carcinogenesis 32:224-32 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20980350) »