Anti-Dopamine antibody (ab6427)
- Product nameAnti-Dopamine antibodySee all Dopamine primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Dopamine
- SpecificityUsing a conjugate Dopamine-Glutaraldehyde-bovine serum albumin, antibody specificity was performed with an ELISA test by competition experiments with the following compounds:
(a): Dopamine-G-BSA concentration/unconjugated or conjugated catecholamine concentration at half displacement (b): Non-reduced conjugate
G-BSA-conjugate Cross-reactivity ratio (a) Dopamine 1 Dopamine(b) 1/2.5 Noradrenaline 1/159 L-DOPA, Octopamine 1/400 Tyramine, Adrenalin, unconjugated Dopamine 1/>5,000
- Tested applicationsICC, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
Chemical / Small Molecule by a Glutaraldehyde linker.
- General notes
The antiserum was tested using the free floating PAP technique on rat dopaminergic areas. The anti-conjugated Dopamine antibodies gave good staining between 1/2000-1/5000 dilution in these areas.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes The antiserum was tested using the free floating PAP technique on rat dopaminergic areas. The anti-conjugated Dopamine antibodies gave good staining between 1/2000-1/5000 dilution in these areas.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6427 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Glutharaldehyde perfusion fixation (see recommended protocol).|
- RelevanceDopamine (C6H3OH)2-CH2CH2NH2)is a catecholamine neurotransmitter in the brain. Its chemical name is 4-(2-aminoethyl)benzene-1,2-diol. Dopamine is a hormone released by the hypothalamus. Its main function is to inhibit the release of prolactin from the anterior lobe of the pituitary. It can be used as a sympathomimetic drug, producing effects such as increased heart rate and blood pressure.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- 3 4 dihydroxyphenethylamine antibody3 hydroxytyramine antibodyDA antibody
- Dopamine antibodyOxytyramine antibody
Anti-Dopamine antibody images
ab6427 at 1/5000 staining human stem cells (differentiated to neurons) by ICC. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with BSA before incubation with the antibody for 2 hours. A PE conjugated goatanti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab6427 staining dopamine in PC12 cells treated with ghrelin (rat) (ab120231), by ICC/IF. Decrease in dopamine expression correlates with increased concentration of ghrelin, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 10 minutes in media containing different concentrations of ab120231 (ghrelin) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab6427 (1/200 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for Anti-Dopamine antibody (ab6427)
ab6427 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.