Dopamine hydrochloride (ab120565)
- Product nameDopamine hydrochloride
- DescriptionEndogenous neurotransmitter
- Biological descriptionEndogenous neurotransmitter. Dopamine D1-5 receptor agonist. Norepinephrine and epinephrine precursor. Involved in numerous neurological functions and also in various conditions such as Parkinson's disease and schizophrenia.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name3,4-Dihydroxyphenethylamine hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight189.64
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC8H11NO2.HCl
- CAS Number62-31-7
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120565 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Dopamine hydrochloride images
ab32088 staining MEK1 (phospho S218 + S222) in SKNSH cells treated with dopamine hydrochloride (ab120565), by ICC/IF. Increase in MEK1 (phospho S218 + S222) expression correlates with increased concentration of dopamine hydrochloride, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120565 (dopamine hydrochloride) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab32088 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for Dopamine hydrochloride (ab120565)
This product has been referenced in:
- Arias-Carrión O et al. Dopaminergic reward system: a short integrative review. Int Arch Med 3:24 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20925949) »
- Ferrara JM & Stacy M Impulse-control disorders in Parkinson's disease. CNS Spectr 13:690-8 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18704024) »
- Pivonello R et al. Novel insights in dopamine receptor physiology. Eur J Endocrinol 156 Suppl 1:S13-21 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17413183) »