Anti-E2F6 antibody [TFE61] (ab11952)
- Product nameAnti-E2F6 antibody [TFE61]See all E2F6 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TFE61] to E2F6
- Tested applicationsIP, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- Positive control
- Hela cells or K-562 nuclear extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTFE61
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11952 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInhibitor of E2F-dependent transcription. Binds DNA cooperatively with DP proteins through the E2 recognition site, 5'-TTTC[CG]CGC-3'. Has a preference for the 5'-TTTCCCGC-3' E2F recognition site. E2F-6 lacks the transcriptional activation and pocket protein binding domains. Appears to regulate a subset of E2F-dependent genes whose products are required for entry into the cell cycle but not for normal cell cycle progression. May silence expression via the recruitment of a chromatin remodeling complex containing histone H3-K9 methyltransferase activity. Overexpression delays the exit of cells from the S-phase.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined. Highest levels in placenta, skeletal muscle, heart, ovary, kidney, small intestine and spleen.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the E2F/DP family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- E2F 6 antibody
- E2F binding site modulating activity protein antibody
- E2F transcription factor 6 antibody
- E2F transcription factor 6 isoform 1 antibody
- E2F-6 antibody
- E2F6 antibody
- E2F6_HUMAN antibody
- EMA antibody
- MGC111545 antibody
- Transcription factor E2F6 antibody
Anti-E2F6 antibody [TFE61] images
Predicted band size : 32 kDa
Detection of E2F6 by Western blot analysis. E2F6 is detected in nuclear extracts derived from K-562 cells using a 1/1000 dilution of ab11952.
References for Anti-E2F6 antibody [TFE61] (ab11952)
This product has been referenced in:
- Furuta M et al. miR-124 and miR-203 are epigenetically silenced tumor-suppressive microRNAs in hepatocellular carcinoma. Carcinogenesis 31:766-76 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19843643) »
- Kozaki K et al. Exploration of tumor-suppressive microRNAs silenced by DNA hypermethylation in oral cancer. Cancer Res 68:2094-105 (2008). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18381414) »