EAAT1 peptide (ab127026)
- Product nameEAAT1 peptideSee all EAAT1 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab127026 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
- Excitatory amino acid transporter 1
- Glial high affinity glutamate transporter
- glutamate/aspartate transporter, high affinity, sodium-dependent
- High affinity neuronal glutamate transporter
- Sodium dependent glutamate/aspartate transporter
- Sodium-dependent glutamate/aspartate transporter 1
- Solute carrier family 1 (glial high affinity glutamate transporter) member 3
- Solute carrier family 1 member 3
- FunctionTransports L-glutamate and also L- and D-aspartate. Essential for terminating the postsynaptic action of glutamate by rapidly removing released glutamate from the synaptic cleft. Acts as a symport by cotransporting sodium.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in cerebellum, but also found in frontal cortex, hippocampus and basal ganglia.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC1A3 are the cause of episodic ataxia type 6 (EA6) [MIM:612656]. EA6 is characterized by episodic ataxia, seizures, migraine and alternating hemiplegia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:dicarboxylate (SDF) symporter (TC 2.A.23) family. SLC1A3 subfamily.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for EAAT1 peptide (ab127026)
ab127026 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.