Anti-EDG1 antibody (ab23695)
- Product nameAnti-EDG1 antibodySee all EDG1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EDG1
- SpecificityThe S1P1 antibody is directed against a cytoplasmic loop of this receptor so a punctuate staining is to be expected (see image). This result is similar to the result we have had with other antibodies that are directed to the intracellular side of receptor proteins. Since the antibody is on the intracellular side, accumulation of the colorimetric signal can occur there and give the effect of staining the cytoplasm. The liver staining observed looks to be associated with intracellular bodies, with some staining at the ER/nuclear interfaces. One interpretation is that the protein is associated with membranes, but for some reason not restricted specifically with the plasma membrane. There is little known, or published about this protein currently.
- Tested applicationsIP, WB, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide: ISKASRSSEKSLA, corresponding to amino acids 241-253 of Human EDG1
- Positive control
- Human and pig liver, mouse and rat brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesab23695 is an affinity purified IgG.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 8 µg/ml. Wash cells in TBS pH 7.4. Fix cells in 1% paraformaldehyde in TBS for 10 min. Wash cells in TBST (1% Tritonx100) 3 times. Block in normal serum 10% for 30 min. Remove the serum and add the primary antibody. Incubate for 1hr. Wash cells and incubate with fluorescent conjugated secondary antibody|
- FunctionReceptor for the lysosphingolipid sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P). S1P is a bioactive lysophospholipid that elicits diverse physiological effect on most types of cells and tissues. This inducible epithelial cell G-protein-coupled receptor may be involved in the processes that regulate the differentiation of endothelial cells. Seems to be coupled to the G(i) subclass of heteromeric G proteins.
- Tissue specificityEndothelial cells, and to a lesser extent, in vascular smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts, melanocytes, and cells of epithelioid origin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsS1P-induced endothelial cell migration requires the PKB/AKT1-mediated phosphorylation of the third intracellular loop at the Thr-236 residue.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- CD363 antibody
- CHEDG 1 antibody
- CHEDG1 antibody
- D1S3362 antibody
- ECGF 1 antibody
- ECGF1 antibody
- EDG 1 antibody
- EDG1 antibody
- endothelial differentiation G protein coupled receptor 1 antibody
- Endothelial differentiation G-protein coupled receptor 1 antibody
- Endothelial differentiation sphingolipid G protein coupled receptor 1 antibody
- FLJ58121 antibody
- G protein coupled sphingolipid receptor antibody
- g protein-coupled receptor edg-1 antibody
- S1P receptor 1 antibody
- S1P receptor Edg 1 antibody
- S1P receptor Edg-1 antibody
- S1P receptor Edg1 antibody
- S1P(1) receptor antibody
- S1P1 antibody
- S1PR1 antibody
- S1PR1_HUMAN antibody
- sphingolipid g-protein-coupled receptor 1 antibody
- Sphingosine 1 phosphate receptor Edg 1 antibody
- Sphingosine 1 phosphate receptor EDG1 antibody
- sphingosine 1- phosphate receptor 1 antibody
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 antibody
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor Edg-1 antibody
- Sphingosine 1phosphate receptor type 1 S1P1 antibody
Anti-EDG1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-EDG1 antibody (ab23695) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : 30ug of human liver microsomes.
Lane 2 : 30ug mouse brain homogenate.
Lane 3 : 30ug pig liver 10000 x g supernatant
Lane 4 : 30ug rat brain homogenate.
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemistry performed on formalin fixed, paraffin embedded sections of neuro2-A cells with ab23695 (8ug/ml). The secondary antibody was a cy3 conjugated donkey anti rabbit antibody.
EDG1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Mouse Brain tissue lysate, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to EDG1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Mouse Brain tissue lysate lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab23695.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 51kDa; EDG1
References for Anti-EDG1 antibody (ab23695)
This product has been referenced in:
- Golan K et al. S1P promotes murine progenitor cell egress and mobilization via S1P1-mediated ROS signaling and SDF-1 release. Blood 119:2478-88 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22279055) »
- Zhu D et al. Protein S controls hypoxic/ischemic blood-brain barrier disruption through the TAM receptor Tyro3 and sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor. Blood 115:4963-72 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20348395) »