Anti-EGF antibody (Biotin) (ab84253)
- Product nameAnti-EGF antibody (Biotin)See all EGF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGF (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Recombinant full length EGF protein (Rat) highly pure (>98%).
- General notesA sterile filtered antibody solution was lyophilized.
- FormLyophilised:Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in sterile PBS containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84253 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 134 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 1 µg/ml.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Beta urogastrone antibody
- EGF antibody
- Egf antibody
- EGF_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal Growth Factor antibody
- HOMG4 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000219721 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000219722 antibody
- Pro epidermal growth factor antibody
- URG antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
References for Anti-EGF antibody (Biotin) (ab84253)
ab84253 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.