Anti-EGF antibody [EGF-2] (ab8282)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEGF-2
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8282 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Beta urogastrone antibody
- EGF antibody
- Egf antibody
- EGF_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal Growth Factor antibody
- Epidermal Growth Factor antibody
- HOMG4 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000219721 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000219722 antibody
- Pro epidermal growth factor antibody
- URG antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
Anti-EGF antibody [EGF-2] images
ICC/IF image of ab8282 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab8282, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab8282 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab8282, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in MCF7 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-EGF antibody [EGF-2] (ab8282)
ab8282 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.