Anti-EGF antibody [S-147] (ab18632)
- Product nameAnti-EGF antibody [S-147]See all EGF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [S-147] to EGF
- SpecificityReactive with natural and recombinant Human EGF but does not react with other human cytokines tested (IL 1beta, IL 8, MCAF, TGF beta and SAA).
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant human EGF. 6kDA, 53 amino acid residues
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberS-147
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18632 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Beta urogastrone antibodyEGF antibodyEgf antibody
- EGF_HUMAN antibodyEpidermal Growth Factor antibodyEpidermal Growth Factor antibodyHOMG4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000219721 antibodyOTTHUMP00000219722 antibodyPro epidermal growth factor antibodyURG antibodyUrogastrone antibody
Anti-EGF antibody [S-147] images
ICC/IF image of ab18632 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab18632, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-EGF antibody [S-147] (ab18632)
ab18632 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.