Anti-EGF antibody [S-177] (ab18635)
- Product nameAnti-EGF antibody [S-177]See all EGF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [S-177] to EGF
- SpecificityDoes not cross react with other cytokines tested such as IL-1beta, IL-8, MCAF, TGF beta abd SAA.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant human EGF, 6 kDa, 53 amino acid residues.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberS-177
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18635 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to EGF (ab9695). For sandwich ELISA , use this antibody as Capture at 5µg/ml with ab9695 as Detection.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Beta urogastrone antibodyEGF antibodyEgf antibody
- EGF_HUMAN antibodyEpidermal Growth Factor antibodyEpidermal Growth Factor antibodyHOMG4 antibodyOTTHUMP00000219721 antibodyOTTHUMP00000219722 antibodyPro epidermal growth factor antibodyURG antibodyUrogastrone antibody
Anti-EGF antibody [S-177] images
References for Anti-EGF antibody [S-177] (ab18635)
ab18635 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.