Anti-EGF antibody (ab9695)
- Product nameAnti-EGF antibodySee all EGF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGF
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Neutralising, Sandwich ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hEGF (human Epidermal Growth Factor)
- Positive control
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.4, no preservative, sterile filtered
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. To detect hEGF by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hEGF is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions. Western blot bands should be around 6.2 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. To detect hEGF by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hEGF.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 0.35 µg/ml. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hEGF (2.0 ng/ml), a concentration of 0.25 - 0.35 µg/ml of this antibody is required.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [S-177] to EGF (ab18635). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with Ab18635 as Capture.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGF are the cause of hypomagnesemia type 4 (HOMG4) [MIM:611718]; also known as renal hypomagnesemia normocalciuric. HOMG4 is a disorder characterized by massive renal hypomagnesemia and normal levels of serum calcium and calcium excretion. Clinical features include seizures, mild-to mederate psychomotor retardation, and brisk tendon reflexes.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Beta urogastrone antibody
- EGF antibody
- Egf antibody
- EGF_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal Growth Factor antibody
- Epidermal Growth Factor antibody
- HOMG4 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000219721 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000219722 antibody
- Pro epidermal growth factor antibody
- URG antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
Anti-EGF antibody images
All lanes : Anti-EGF antibody (ab9695) at 0.2 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Human EGF full length protein (ab55483) at 0.1 µg
Lane 2 :
Human EGF full length protein (ab55483) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 1 minute
ab9695 at 1.0 µg/ml staining normal human skin by IHC-P. The antibody was incubated overnight at 4˚C. An HRP-labeled polymer detection system was used with a non-alcohol soluble AEC chromogen and a proteinase K antigen retrieval.
Immunohistochemical analysis of murine forepaw vessel, staining EGF with ab9695.
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% blocking solution for 15 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by proteinase K. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (4 µg/ml in BSA in TBS) for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-EGF antibody (ab9695)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kumagai K et al. Up-regulation of EGF receptor and its ligands, AREG, EREG, and HB-EGF in oral lichen planus. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:748-54 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20952227) »