Anti-EGFR antibody [E114] (ab32562)
- Product nameAnti-EGFR antibody [E114]See all EGFR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E114] to EGFR
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near C terminus of human EGF receptor.
- Epitopeab32562 reacts with an epitope located in the C terminal region of EGF receptor.
- Positive control
- A431 cell lysate, human cervical carcinoma.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE114
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32562 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 170 kDa.|
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGFR are associated with lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980]. LNCR is a common malignancy affecting tissues of the lung. The most common form of lung cancer is non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that can be divided into 3 major histologic subtypes: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell lung cancer. NSCLC is often diagnosed at an advanced stage and has a poor prognosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occur. Deubiquitinated by OTUD7B, preventing degradation.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 positively stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (verbb) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
- EGF R antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog avian) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor antibody
- erbb 1 antibody
- Erbb antibody
- Erbb1 antibody
- ERBB1 antibody
- Errp antibody
- HER1 antibody
- mENA antibody
- Oncogene ERBB antibody
- PIG61 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB 1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-1 antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
- wa2 antibody
- Wa5 antibody
Anti-EGFR antibody [E114] images
Anti-EGFR antibody [E114] (ab32562) + A431 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 170 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of human cervical carcinoma using ab32562.
Immunofluorescent staining of A431 cells using ab32562.
References for Anti-EGFR antibody [E114] (ab32562)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gao D et al. ERp29 induces breast cancer cell growth arrest and survival through modulation of activation of p38 and upregulation of ER stress protein p58IPK. Lab Invest 92:200-13 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22064321) »
- Dai G et al. Maternal hepatic growth response to pregnancy in the mouse. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 236:1322-32 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21969712) »