Anti-EGFR antibody (ab15669)
- Product nameAnti-EGFR antibodySee all EGFR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGFR
- Specificityab15669 specifically detects EGFR protein in WB and IHC-Fr in mouse brain. In WB, ab15669 detects a larger MW band (200kDa) than predicted (134kDa); this is likely to be the glycosylated form of EGFR protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from residues 350 - 450 of Mouse EGFR.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse Brain Tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15669 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 134 kDa).|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGFR are associated with lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980]. LNCR is a common malignancy affecting tissues of the lung. The most common form of lung cancer is non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that can be divided into 3 major histologic subtypes: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell lung cancer. NSCLC is often diagnosed at an advanced stage and has a poor prognosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occur. Deubiquitinated by OTUD7B, preventing degradation.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 positively stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (verbb) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
- EGF R antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog avian) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor antibody
- erbb 1 antibody
- Erbb antibody
- Erbb1 antibody
- ERBB1 antibody
- Errp antibody
- HER1 antibody
- mENA antibody
- Oncogene ERBB antibody
- PIG61 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB 1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-1 antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
- wa2 antibody
- Wa5 antibody
Anti-EGFR antibody images
ab15669 EGFR antibody staining in E17 mouse cerebral cortex (5ug/ml). E17 mouse embryos were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde in PB overnight at 4°C then transferred to 30% sucrose in PBS. Brains were frozen in TissueTek and stored -80°C. Cryostat coronal sections were cut at 12um. Sections were blocked in 0.1% triton in PBS containing 10% normal serum from the species that secondary antibody was generated from. Primary antibodies were incubated on the sections at 4°C overnight. Secondary antibodies were incubated for 2 hours at RT. Images were taken using a Zeiss camera under 40X objectives
All lanes : Anti-EGFR antibody (ab15669) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : mouse brain lysate
Lane 2 : mouse brain lysate with
Mouse EGFR peptide (ab15739) at 1 µg/ml
Alexa Fluor Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG at 0.1 µg/ml
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 134 kDa
Observed band size : 200 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 50 kDa (possible IgG).
References for Anti-EGFR antibody (ab15669)
This product has been referenced in:
- Al-Nedawi K et al. Endothelial expression of autocrine VEGF upon the uptake of tumor-derived microvesicles containing oncogenic EGFR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3794-9 (2009). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19234131) »
- Alagappan D et al. Brain injury expands the numbers of neural stem cells and progenitors in the SVZ by enhancing their responsiveness to EGF. ASN Neuro 1: (2009). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19570028) »