Anti-EGFR (phospho Y845) antibody (ab10620)
- Product nameAnti-EGFR (phospho Y845) antibodySee all EGFR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGFR (phospho Y845)
- Tested applicationsICC, Dot Blot more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphorylated peptide derived from the region of EGFR that contains tyrosine 845, region conserved 100% in human, mouse and rat.
- General notesDo not store in frost-free freezers. Working dilution samples should be discarded if not used within 12 hours. The antibody is stable for at least 6 months when stored appropriately.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA (IgG, protease-free). pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe rabbit serum is affinity purified using epitopespecific affinity chromatography. The antibody is preabsorbed to remove any reactivity toward either a non-phosphorylated EGFR peptide or a tyrosine phosphorylated peptide, irrespective of the sequence.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGFR are associated with lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980]. LNCR is a common malignancy affecting tissues of the lung. The most common form of lung cancer is non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that can be divided into 3 major histologic subtypes: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell lung cancer. NSCLC is often diagnosed at an advanced stage and has a poor prognosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occur. Deubiquitinated by OTUD7B, preventing degradation.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 positively stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (verbb) oncogene homolog antibody
- Beta urogastrone antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
- EGF R antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR antibody
- EGFR_HUMAN antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog avian) antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor antibody
- erbb 1 antibody
- Erbb antibody
- Erbb1 antibody
- ERBB1 antibody
- Errp antibody
- HER1 antibody
- mENA antibody
- Oncogene ERBB antibody
- PIG61 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB 1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB1 antibody
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-1 antibody
- URG antibody
- Urogastrone antibody
- wa2 antibody
- Wa5 antibody
References for Anti-EGFR (phospho Y845) antibody (ab10620)
ab10620 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.