Anti-EGFR (phospho Y845) [EPR2149Y] antibody (ab97613)
- Product nameAnti-EGFR (phospho Y845) [EPR2149Y] antibodySee all EGFR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2149Y] to EGFR (phospho Y845)
- Specificityab97613 detects EGFR phosphorylated on tyrosine 845.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding tyrosine 845 of Human EGFR.
- Positive controlA431 cells and cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEPR2149Y
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97613 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 175 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 134 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EGFR are associated with lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980]. LNCR is a common malignancy affecting tissues of the lung. The most common form of lung cancer is non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that can be divided into 3 major histologic subtypes: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell lung cancer. NSCLC is often diagnosed at an advanced stage and has a poor prognosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occur. Deubiquitinated by OTUD7B, preventing degradation.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 positively stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibodyCell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibodyCell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
- EGF R antibodyEGFR antibodyEGFR_HUMAN antibodyEpidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog) antibodyEpidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog avian) antibodyEpidermal growth factor receptor antibodyERBB antibodyERBB1 antibodyErrp antibodyHER1 antibodymENA antibodyPIG61 antibodyProto-oncogene c-ErbB-1 antibodyReceptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB 1 antibodyReceptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-1 antibodywa2 antibodyWa5 antibody
Anti-EGFR (phospho Y845) [EPR2149Y] antibody images
All lanes : Anti-EGFR (phospho Y845) [EPR2149Y] antibody (ab97613) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysates, untreated
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysates, treated with EGF
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 134 kDa
ab97613 at 1/100 dilution staining EGFR in A431 by Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-EGFR (phospho Y845) [EPR2149Y] antibody (ab97613)
This product has been referenced in:
- Saghizadeh M et al. Adenovirus-driven overexpression of proteinases in organ-cultured normal human corneas leads to diabetic-like changes. Brain Res Bull 81:262-72 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19828126) »
- Saghizadeh M et al. Normalization of wound healing and diabetic markers in organ cultured human diabetic corneas by adenoviral delivery of c-Met gene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1970-80 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19933191) »