Anti-EMSY antibody (ab4579)
- Product nameAnti-EMSY antibodySee all EMSY primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to EMSY
- SpecificityThis antibody detects a band of the same size by Western blot as ab123, which was raised with a recombinant fragment of EMSY with no sequence in common with the immunogen for this antibody (and was raised 7 years previous to this antibody). This confirms that the band detected is EMSY.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to EMSY ENT domain: MPVVWPTLLDLSRDECKRILRKLELEAYAGVISALRAQGD LTKEKKDLLGELSKVLSISTER HRAEVRRAVNDERLTTIAHNMSGPNSSSEWSIEGRRL, corresponding to amino acids 1-100 of Human EMSY - FPLC purified.
- Positive control
- MCF-7 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 141 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceEMSY binds BRCA2 within a region (exon 3) deleted in cancer. EMSY is capable of silencing the activation potential of BRCA2 exon 3, associates with chromatin regulators HP1 and BS69, and localizes to sites of repair following DNA damage. Its levels are amplified in breast and ovarian cancer.
- Cellular localizationNuclear. Localizes to DNA damage markers in irradiated cells; suggesting that it participates in the DNA repair process.
- C11orf30 antibody
- Chromosome 11 open reading frame 30 antibody
- EMSY protein antibody
- FLJ90741 antibody
- GL002 antibody
- Protein EMSY antibody
Anti-EMSY antibody images
Lanes 1 - 2 : Anti-EMSY antibody (ab4579) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-EMSY antibody (ab123) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Lanes 1 - 2 : Rabbit polyclonal to Goat IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 3 : Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 141 kDa
Observed band size : 100 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 37 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Western blot of EMSY on MCF-7 cell lysate.
Lane 1: ab4579 at 1ug/ml with 2% BSA blocking.
Lane 2: ab4579 at 1ug/ml with 3% milk blocking.
Lane 3: ab123 at 1ug/ml with 2% BSA blocking.
Variability in the size at which EMSY runs by Western blot has been experienced with different protein marker systems. EMSY has been observed to run at between 115 and 150kD (even though the predicted size is 141kD). However, that the same size band is detected by both ab123 and ab4579 (raised with immunogens of different sequence) confirms the specificity of these antibodies.
Lane 1 & 2 - Exposure time: 2 min.
Lane 3 - Exposure time: 2 sec.
References for Anti-EMSY antibody (ab4579)
ab4579 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.