Anti-EMSY antibody (ab4579)
- Product nameAnti-EMSY antibodySee all EMSY primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to EMSY
- SpecificityThis antibody detects a band of the same size by Western blot as ab123, which was raised with a recombinant fragment of EMSY with no sequence in common with the immunogen for this antibody (and was raised 7 years previous to this antibody). This confirms that the band detected is EMSY.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to EMSY ENT domain: MPVVWPTLLDLSRDECKRILRKLELEAYAGVISALRAQGD LTKEKKDLLGELSKVLSISTER HRAEVRRAVNDERLTTIAHNMSGPNSSSEWSIEGRRL, corresponding to amino acids 1-100 of Human EMSY - FPLC purified.
- Positive controlMCF-7 cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 141 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Variability in the size at which EMSY runs by Western blot has been experienced with different protein marker systems. EMSY has been observed to run at between 115 and 150kD. However, the independently raised ab123 has been used to confirm the specificity of this antibody.
- RelevanceEMSY binds BRCA2 within a region (exon 3) deleted in cancer. EMSY is capable of silencing the activation potential of BRCA2 exon 3, associates with chromatin regulators HP1 and BS69, and localizes to sites of repair following DNA damage. Its levels are amplified in breast and ovarian cancer.
- Cellular localizationNuclear. Localizes to DNA damage markers in irradiated cells; suggesting that it participates in the DNA repair process.
- C11orf30 antibodyChromosome 11 open reading frame 30 antibodyEMSY protein antibody
- FLJ90741 antibodyGL002 antibodyProtein EMSY antibody
References for Anti-EMSY antibody (ab4579)
ab4579 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.