Anti-EMX2 antibody (ab86004)
- Product nameAnti-EMX2 antibodySee all EMX2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EMX2
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant Fragment
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Three synthetic peptides derived from human EMX2, conjugated to KLH.
- Positive controlAn anti thio tested on an induced culture of E.coli.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesCrude serum, final bleed
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86004 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscription factor, which in cooperation with EMX2, acts to generate the boundary between the roof and archipallium in the developing brain. May function in combinations with OTX1/2 to specify cell fates in the developing central nervous system.
- Tissue specificityCerebral cortex.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in EMX2 are the cause of schizencephaly (SCHZC) [MIM:269160]. Schizencephaly is an extremely rare human congenital disorder characterized by a full-thickness cleft within the cerebral hemispheres. These clefts are lined with gray matter and most commonly involve the parasylvian regions. Large portions of the cerebral hemispheres may be absent and replaced by cerebro-spinal fluid.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the EMX homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Empty spiracles homeobox 2 antibodyEmpty spiracles homolog 2 (Drosophila) antibodyEmpty spiracles homolog 2 antibody
- Empty spiracles like protein 2 antibodyEmpty spiracles-like protein 2 antibodyEMX 2 antibodyEMX2 antibodyEMX2_HUMAN antibodyHomeobox protein EMX 2 antibodyHomeobox protein EMX2 antibody
Anti-EMX2 antibody images
Lane 1 : Anti-EMX2 antibody (ab86004) at 1/1000 dilution (in 5% non fat milk PBST solution incubated for 60 minutes)
Lane 2 : Anti-EMX2 antibody (ab86004) (in 5% non fat milk PBST solution incubated for 60 minutes)
Lane 1 : uninduced culture of E. coli (plus anti thio at 1/5000 dilution)
Lane 2 : induced culture of E. coli (plus anti thio at 1/5000 dilution)
anti-Rabbit IgG HRP conjugate incubated for 60 minutes at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size : 28 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-EMX2 antibody (ab86004)
ab86004 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.