Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [ERK-7D8] (ab54230)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [ERK-7D8]See all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ERK-7D8] to ERK1 + ERK2
- Specificityab54230 reacts strongly with both ERK1 and ERK2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, EMSA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Carp, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Sea Urchin, Opossum
Synthetic peptide: EALAHPYLEQYYDPTDEPVAEE, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 324-345, a segment near the C-terminus of Rat ERK1
- Positive control
- Human A431 cell lysates, Human K562 cell lysates, Canine MDCK cells lysates, Mouse brain lysate, Rat brain lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberERK-7D8
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA: Use at a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml.
IP: Use 2-5µg/reaction.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 327672 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 399480 Zebrafish
- Omim: 176948 Human
- Omim: 601795 Human
- SwissProt: P46196 Cow
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- SwissProt: Q9DGR5 Zebrafish
- SwissProt: Q9DGR6 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 196581 Mouse
- Unigene: 8385 Mouse
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- Unigene: 10452 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 75913 Zebrafish
- ERK 1 antibody
- ERK 2 antibody
- ERK antibody
- ERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibody
- ERK2 antibody
- ERT1 antibody
- ERT2 antibody
- Extracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Extracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibody
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibody
- HS44KDAP antibody
- HUMKER1A antibody
- Insulin stimulated MAP2 kinase antibody
- MAP kinase 1 antibody
- MAP kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase isoform p42 antibody
- MAP kinase isoform p44 antibody
- MAPK 1 antibody
- MAPK 2 antibody
- MAPK 3 antibody
- MAPK1 antibody
- MAPK2 antibody
- MAPK3 antibody
- MGC20180 antibody
- Microtubule associated protein 2 kinase antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MK01_HUMAN antibody
- p38 antibody
- p40 antibody
- p41 antibody
- p41mapk antibody
- p42 MAPK antibody
- p42-MAPK antibody
- p44 ERK1 antibody
- p44 MAPK antibody
- PRKM 1 antibody
- PRKM 2 antibody
- PRKM 3 antibody
- PRKM1 antibody
- PRKM2 antibody
- PRKM3 antibody
- Protein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibody
- Protein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibody
- Protein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibody
- Protein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibody
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [ERK-7D8] (ab54230)
This product has been referenced in:
- Deswal S et al. Quantitative Analysis of Protein Phosphorylations and Interactions by Multi-Colour IP-FCM as an Input for Kinetic Modelling of Signalling Networks. PLoS One 6:e22928 (2011). WB, IP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21829558) »
- Freiburghaus C et al. Lactoferricin treatment decreases the rate of cell proliferation of a human colon cancer cell line. J Dairy Sci 92:2477-84 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19447979) »