Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab16573)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16573 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Omim: 601795 Human
- Omim: 176948 Human
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- ERK 1 antibodyERK 2 antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibodyERK2 antibodyERT1 antibodyERT2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyHS44KDAP antibodyHUMKER1A antibodyInsulin stimulated MAP2 kinase antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p44 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMAPK3 antibodyMGC20180 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein 2 kinase antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyp38 antibodyp40 antibodyp41 antibodyp41mapk antibodyp42 MAPK antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyp42MAPK antibodyp42MAPK antibodyp44 ERK1 antibodyp44 MAPK antibodyp44ERK1 antibodyp44ERK1 antibodyp44MAPK antibodyp44MAPK antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibodyPRKM3 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibody
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab16573)
ab16573 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.