Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab17942)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibodySee all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1 + ERK2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC, ICC/IF, IP, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 317-339 of Human ERK1 + ERK2.
- Positive controlA431, PC12, and NIH3T3 cells.
- General notesPlease note that this is an intracellular epitope.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17942 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at 1 µg/mg of lysate.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 42-44 kDa.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 327672 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Omim: 601795 Human
- Omim: 176948 Human
- SwissProt: P46196 Cow
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 196581 Mouse
- Unigene: 8385 Mouse
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- ERK 1 antibodyERK 2 antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibodyERK2 antibodyERT1 antibodyERT2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyHS44KDAP antibodyHUMKER1A antibodyInsulin stimulated MAP2 kinase antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p44 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMAPK3 antibodyMGC20180 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein 2 kinase antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyp38 antibodyp40 antibodyp41 antibodyp41mapk antibodyp42 MAPK antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyp42MAPK antibodyp42MAPK antibodyp44 ERK1 antibodyp44 MAPK antibodyp44ERK1 antibodyp44ERK1 antibodyp44MAPK antibodyp44MAPK antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibodyPRKM3 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody images
Predicted band size : 42-44 kDa
Extracts prepared from PC12 cells not stimulated (-), or stimulated with NGF (+) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to nitrocellulose. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4C, then were incubated with ERK1&2 pan antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer. After washing, membranes were incubated with goat anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase. These data show that ab17942 ERK1&2 antibody allows the total amount of ERK1&2 to be measured.
ab17942 at 1/200 staining human, rat and mouse kidney sections by IHC-P. The tissue sections were formaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citrate buffer was performed. An HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab17942) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat spinal cord tissue homogenate from animals that underwent Sham surgery
Lane 2 : Rat spinal cord tissue homogenate from animals that underwent L5 nerve transection
Lane 3 : Rat spinal cord tissue homogenate from animals that underwent L5 nerve transection
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 42-44 kDa
Observed band size : 42,44 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 5 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
ab17942 staining ERK1 + ERK2 in human HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in formaldehyde, permeabilised in 0.025% Triton X, PBS and then blocked using 5% serum for 1 hour at 23°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/200 for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 568 (red) used at a 1/1000 dilution.
ab17942 staining ERK1 + ERK2 in Embryonic Stem Cell-induced Mouse Neurospheres by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Sections were formaldehyde-fixed prior to blocking in 10% serum for 30 minutes at room temperature. The primary antibody was diluted 1/1000 and incubated with the sample for 12 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal antibody, diluted 1/1500 was used as the secondary.
ab17942 staining ERK1 + ERK2 in human stomach tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with acetone and then blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour at 23°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/200 dilution for 1 hour at 23°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as secondary antibody.
ab17942 staining ERK1 + ERK2 in AGS human gastric carcinoma cells by Immunocytochemistry. The cells were fixed in formaldehyde, permeabilised in 0.025% Triton X/ PBS and then blocked using 5% serum for 1 hour at 23°C. Samples were then incubated with the primary antibody at 1/200 for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to HRP, used undiluted.
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab17942)
This product has been referenced in:
- Buggele WA et al. Influenza A Virus Infection of Human Respiratory Cells Induces Primary MicroRNA Expression. J Biol Chem 287:31027-40 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22822053) »
- Tummala H et al. The D153del Mutation in GNB3 Gene Causes Tissue Specific Signalling Patterns and an Abnormal Renal Morphology in Rge Chickens. PLoS One 6:e21156 (2011). WB ; Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 21887213) »