Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab94484)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibodySee all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1 + ERK2
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Hamster, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 to the C-terminus ERK1 + ERK2.
(Peptide available as ab108469.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in human liver and kidney tissue lysates, and in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; A431; PC12; NIH3T3; THP1; HepG2.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, BSA, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42, 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42, 44 kDa).Can be blocked with ERK1 + ERK2 peptide (ab108469).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 399480 Zebrafish
- Omim: 601795 Human
- Omim: 176948 Human
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- SwissProt: Q9DGR6 Zebrafish
- SwissProt: Q9DGR5 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 196581 Mouse
- Unigene: 8385 Mouse
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- Unigene: 10452 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 75913 Zebrafish
- ERK 1 antibodyERK 2 antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibodyERK2 antibodyERT1 antibodyERT2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p44 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMAPK3 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyp38 antibodyp40 antibodyp41 antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyPRKM 2 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab94484) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate - TPA stimulated 2 hr (ab14653)
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889)
Lane 8 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 9 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 42, 44 kDa
Observed band size : 42,44 kDa
Additional bands at : 120 kDa,130 kDa,35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab94484 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab94484, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa cells at 5µg/ml.
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody (ab94484)
ab94484 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.