Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + T202 + Y204 + Y187) antibody (ab4819)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + T202 + Y204 + Y187) antibodySee all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + T202 + Y204 + Y187)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide (Human) derived from the region of ERK 1 + 2 that contains threonine 202/185 and tyrosine 204/187, based on the human sequence. This region is conserved among many species including rat, mouse, cow, frog, snail, nematode, and fruit fly.
- Positive controlPC12 cells +/- Sorbitol.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA (IgG, protease free). pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the sites of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated ERK 1 + 2. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using an ERK 1 + 2-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at threonine 202/185 and tyrosine 204/187, respectively, within the activation loop.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4819 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: Use 10µl for 106 cells.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Omim: 601795 Human
- Omim: 176948 Human
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- ERK 1 antibodyERK 2 antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibodyERK2 antibodyERT1 antibodyERT2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyHS44KDAP antibodyHUMKER1A antibodyInsulin stimulated MAP2 kinase antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p44 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMAPK3 antibodyMGC20180 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein 2 kinase antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyp38 antibodyp40 antibodyp41 antibodyp41mapk antibodyp42 MAPK antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyp42MAPK antibodyp42MAPK antibodyp44 ERK1 antibodyp44 MAPK antibodyp44ERK1 antibodyp44ERK1 antibodyp44MAPK antibodyp44MAPK antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibodyPRKM3 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibodyProtein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + T202 + Y204 + Y187) antibody images
Predicted band size : 44,42 kDa
Peptide Competition: Extracts prepared from PC12 cells stimulated with NGF were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% Tris-glycine gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4oC, then were incubated with 0.50 µg/mL ab4819 antibody for two hours at room temperature, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (2), a generic phosphothreonine containing peptide (3), a generic phosphotyrosine containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to ab4819 blocks the antibody signal, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody.
Figure shows immunohistochemical localization of active ab4819 in sections from rac1 expressing cardiomyopathic animals displaying the dilated phenotype. Green = p-ERK1/2, Red = nuclei, and Blue = alpha-actinin.
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + T202 + Y204 + Y187) antibody (ab4819)
This product has been referenced in:
- Haidari M et al. Atorvastatin preserves the integrity of endothelial adherens junctions by inhibiting vascular endothelial cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation. Exp Cell Res 318:1673-84 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22659162) »
- Asrih M et al. Role of ERK1/2 activation in microtubule stabilization and glucose transport in cardiomyocytes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E836-43 (2011). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21771966) »