Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + Y187 + T202 + Y204) antibody [MAPK-YT] (ab50011)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + Y187 + T202 + Y204) antibody [MAPK-YT]See all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MAPK-YT] to ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + Y187 + T202 + Y204)
- Specificityab50011 is specific for the active, dually-phosphorylated form of MAP kinase (ERK-1 and ERK-2, 44 kDa and 42 kDa, respectively). It does not recognise the non-phosphorylated or the monophosphorylated forms of the MAP kinase molecule or the diphosphorylated forms of JUN kinase and p38 MAP kinase.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, WB, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide HTGFLpTEpYVAT corresponding to the phosphorylated form of human ERK1 and ERK2 activation loop.
- EpitopeThe epitope recognized by ab50011 is located in the region of phosphorylated threonine and tyrosine residues within the regulatory site of active MAP kinase (Thr185 and Tyr187 in ERK-2).
- Positive controlRat brain extract, Drosophila wing imaginal disc.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMAPK-YT
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50011 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 327672 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 398985 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 399480 Zebrafish
- Omim: 601795 Human
- Omim: 176948 Human
- SwissProt: P46196 Cow
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- SwissProt: P26696 Xenopus laevis
- SwissProt: Q9DGR6 Zebrafish
- SwissProt: Q9DGR5 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 196581 Mouse
- Unigene: 8385 Mouse
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- Unigene: 1680 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 874 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 10452 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 75913 Zebrafish
- ERK 1 antibodyERK 2 antibodyERK antibody
- ERK-2 antibodyERK1 antibodyERK2 antibodyERT1 antibodyERT2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyHS44KDAP antibodyHUMKER1A antibodyInsulin stimulated MAP2 kinase antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p44 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMAPK3 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein 2 kinase antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyp38 antibodyp40 antibodyp41 antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM 3 antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibodyPRKM3 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + Y187 + T202 + Y204) antibody [MAPK-YT] images
Lane 1 : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + Y187 + T202 + Y204) antibody [MAPK-YT] (ab50011) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 2 : no primary antibody
Lane 1 : Extract of Rat1 cells activated with 100µM Vanadate+200µM H2O2
Lane 2 : Extract of Rat1 cells activated with 100µM Vanadate+200µM H2O2
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG, AlkPhos Conjugate
Predicted band size : 44 kDa
Observed band size : 42,44 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
In situ immunostaining of the activated form of MAP kinase with ab50011 (green) in Drosophila wing imaginal disc (500 micrometers long).
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T185 + Y187 + T202 + Y204) antibody [MAPK-YT] (ab50011)
This product has been referenced in:
- Knezevic I et al. A Novel Cardiomyocyte-enriched MicroRNA, miR-378, Targets Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 Receptor: IMPLICATIONS IN POSTNATAL CARDIAC REMODELING AND CELL SURVIVAL. J Biol Chem 287:12913-26 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22367207) »
- Tummala H et al. The D153del Mutation in GNB3 Gene Causes Tissue Specific Signalling Patterns and an Abnormal Renal Morphology in Rge Chickens. PLoS One 6:e21156 (2011). WB ; Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 21887213) »