Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y180) antibody (ab78238)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y180) antibodySee all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y180)
- SpecificityPhosphorylated ERK1 (42 kDa) and ERK2 (44kDa).
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: CTGFLTEYpVAT, corresponding to amino acids 174-183 of Human ERK1 + ERK2
- Positive control
- WB: lysates from serum-stimulated mouse NIH/3T3 cells, from NGF-stimulated rat PC-12 cells and EGF-stimulated human A431 carcinoma cells. IP: EGF stimulated A431 RIPA lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.2M Tris glycine, 0.15M Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78238 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 , 44 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 8 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Omim: 176948 Human
- Omim: 601795 Human
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 196581 Mouse
- Unigene: 8385 Mouse
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- ERK 1 antibody
- ERK 2 antibody
- ERK antibody
- ERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibody
- ERK2 antibody
- ERT1 antibody
- ERT2 antibody
- Extracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Extracellular signal regulated kinase 2 antibody
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibody
- HS44KDAP antibody
- HUMKER1A antibody
- Insulin stimulated MAP2 kinase antibody
- MAP kinase 1 antibody
- MAP kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase isoform p42 antibody
- MAP kinase isoform p44 antibody
- MAPK 1 antibody
- MAPK 2 antibody
- MAPK 3 antibody
- MAPK1 antibody
- MAPK2 antibody
- MAPK3 antibody
- MGC20180 antibody
- Microtubule associated protein 2 kinase antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 3 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MK01_HUMAN antibody
- p38 antibody
- p40 antibody
- p41 antibody
- p41mapk antibody
- p42 MAPK antibody
- p42-MAPK antibody
- p42MAPK antibody
- p44 ERK1 antibody
- p44 MAPK antibody
- p44ERK1 antibody
- p44MAPK antibody
- PRKM 1 antibody
- PRKM 2 antibody
- PRKM 3 antibody
- PRKM1 antibody
- PRKM2 antibody
- PRKM3 antibody
- Protein kinase mitogen activated 1 antibody
- Protein kinase mitogen activated 2 antibody
- Protein kinase mitogen activated 3 antibody
- Protein tyrosine kinase ERK 2 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y180) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y180) antibody (ab78238) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Lysate from serum-stimulated 3T3 cells
Lane 2 : Lysate from non-stimulated 3T3 cells
Rabbit anti-Sheep, HRP-conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 42 , 44 kDa
Observed band size : 42,44 kDa
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y180) antibody (ab78238)
ab78238 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.