Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187) antibody (ab47339)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187) antibodySee all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187)
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for ERK1, only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 204.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
A synthesized phosphopeptide derived around the phosphorylation site of ERK1 tyrosine 204 and ERK2 tyrosine 187 (T-E-YP-V-A).
- Positive controlExtracts from Jurkat cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47339 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 44, 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44, 42 kDa).|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 5595 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5594 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26417 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26413 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 50689 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 116590 Rat
- Omim: 601795 Human
- Omim: 176948 Human
- SwissProt: P27361 Human
- SwissProt: P28482 Human
- SwissProt: Q63844 Mouse
- SwissProt: P63085 Mouse
- SwissProt: P21708 Rat
- SwissProt: P63086 Rat
- Unigene: 861 Human
- Unigene: 431850 Human
- Unigene: 196581 Mouse
- Unigene: 8385 Mouse
- Unigene: 2592 Rat
- Unigene: 34914 Rat
- ERK 1 antibodyERK 2 antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERK1 antibodyERK2 antibodyERT1 antibodyERT2 antibodyExtracellular signal regulated kinase 1 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p44 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 3 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMAPK3 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyp38 antibodyp40 antibodyp41 antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyPRKM 2 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187) antibody (ab47339) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from Jurkat cells treated with PMA (200ng/ml, 15min)
Lane 2 : Extracts from Jurkat cells un-treated
Predicted band size : 44, 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42,44 kDa
Ab47339 staining human normal or colon tissue. Staining is localised to cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187) antibody (ab47339)
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell extract
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell extract treated with PMA
Predicted band size : 44, 42 kDa
Observed band size : 43 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho Y204 + Y187) antibody (ab47339)
ab47339 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.