Anti-ERK1 antibody (ab7947)
- Product nameAnti-ERK1 antibodySee all ERK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with ERK1 p44 and to a lesser extent ERK2 p42.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Rat). Synthetic peptide mapping within the subdomain XI of rat ERK1.
- Positive control
- HeLa, NIH/3T3, A-431 and KNRK
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7947 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Can be blocked with ERK1 peptide (rat) (ab7991).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK-1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-202 and Tyr-204, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-204.
- ERK 1 antibody
- ERK antibody
- ERK-1 antibody
- ERK1 antibody
- ERT 2 antibody
- ERT2 antibody
- Extracellular Signal Regulated Kinase 1 antibody
- Extracellular signal related kinase 1 antibody
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 antibody
- HGNC6877 antibody
- HS44KDAP antibody
- HUMKER1A antibody
- Insulin Stimulated MAP2 Kinase antibody
- Insulin-stimulated MAP2 kinase antibody
- MAP kinase 1 antibody
- MAP kinase 3 antibody
- MAP Kinase antibody
- MAP kinase isoform p44 antibody
- MAPK 1 antibody
- MAPK 3 antibody
- MAPK antibody
- MAPK1 antibody
- MAPK3 antibody
- MGC20180 antibody
- Microtubule Associated Protein 2 Kinase antibody
- Microtubule-associated protein 2 kinase antibody
- Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase 3 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 3 antibody
- MK03_HUMAN antibody
- OTTHUMP00000174538 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000174541 antibody
- p44 ERK1 antibody
- p44 MAPK antibody
- p44-ERK1 antibody
- p44-MAPK antibody
- P44ERK1 antibody
- P44MAPK antibody
- PRKM 3 antibody
- PRKM3 antibody
- Protein Kinase Mitogen Activated 3 antibody
Anti-ERK1 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab7947 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7947, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Ab7947 staining human normal jejunum. Staining is localized to the cytoplasm and nucleus.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS), then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes, and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-ERK1 antibody (ab7947)
This product has been referenced in:
- Branca M et al. Activation of the ERK/MAP kinase pathway in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia is related to grade of the lesion but not to high-risk human papillomavirus, virus clearance, or prognosis in cervical cancer. Am J Clin Pathol 122:902-11 (2004). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 15539382) »