Anti-ERK2 antibody [3F8] (ab96475)
- Product nameAnti-ERK2 antibody [3F8]See all ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3F8] to ERK2
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human ERK2 expressed in E. Coli.
- Positive controlJurkat, Hela, A431 and NIH3T3 cell lysate; Jurkat cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3F8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96475 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/200 - 1/400.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ERK 2 antibodyERK antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERT1 antibodyExtracellular Signal Regulated Kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMapk1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyP38 antibodyP40 antibodyP41 antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyP42MAPK antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibody
Anti-ERK2 antibody [3F8] images
All lanes : Anti-ERK2 antibody [3F8] (ab96475) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 4 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
ab96475 at 1/200 dilution staining ERK2 in Jurkat cells by Flow Cytometry (shown in green), negative control in purple.
References for Anti-ERK2 antibody [3F8] (ab96475)
ab96475 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.