Anti-ERK2 antibody [E460] (ab32081)
- Product nameAnti-ERK2 antibody [E460]See all ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E460] to ERK2
- Specificityab32081 recognises ERK2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C terminal of human ERK2
- Epitopeab32081 reacts with an epitope located in the C terminal region of ERK2.
- Positive control
- Human breast carcinoma and A431 cell lysate
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE460
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ERK 2 antibody
- ERK antibody
- ERK-2 antibody
- ERT 1 antibody
- ERT1 antibody
- Extracellular Signal Regulated Kinase 2 antibody
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase 1 antibody
- MAP kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase isoform p42 antibody
- MAPK 1 antibody
- MAPK 2 antibody
- MAPK 2 antibody
- MAPK1 antibody
- MAPK2 antibody
- Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibody
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MK01_HUMAN antibody
- P38 antibody
- P40 antibody
- P41 antibody
- P41MAPK antibody
- p42 MAPK antibody
- p42-MAPK antibody
- P42MAPK antibody
- PRKM 1 antibody
- PRKM 2 antibody
- PRKM1 antibody
- PRKM2 antibody
- Protein Tyrosine Kinase ERK2 antibody
Anti-ERK2 antibody [E460] images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab32081 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32081, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Anti-ERK2 antibody [E460] (ab32081) at 1/2000 dilution + A431 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Observed band size : 41 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human fallopian tissue epithelium, staining ERK2 with ab32081 at 1/50 dilution. Samples were incubated with primary antibody for 1 hour at room temperature. Staining was detected using DAB.
References for Anti-ERK2 antibody [E460] (ab32081)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chen M et al. Targeting primitive chronic myeloid leukemia cells by effective inhibition of a new AHI-1-BCR-ABL-JAK2 complex. J Natl Cancer Inst 105:405-23 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23446755) »
- Emmanuel C et al. Comparison of expression profiles in ovarian epithelium in vivo and ovarian cancer identifies novel candidate genes involved in disease pathogenesis. PLoS One 6:e17617 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21423607) »