Anti-ERK2 antibody (ab15282)
- Product nameAnti-ERK2 antibodySee all ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK2
- SpecificityThis product is specific for ERK2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) (C terminal)(Mouse)
- Positive controlA431 cells, Breast carcinoma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15282 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ERK 2 antibodyERK antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERT 1 antibodyERT1 antibodyExtracellular Signal Regulated Kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMitogen Activated Protein Kinase 1 antibodyMitogen Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyP38 antibodyP40 antibodyP41 antibodyP41MAPK antibodyp42 MAPK antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyP42MAPK antibodyPRKM 1 antibodyPRKM 2 antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibodyProtein Tyrosine Kinase ERK2 antibody
References for Anti-ERK2 antibody (ab15282)
ab15282 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.